« Home | Cute » | What a kimono shawl looks like » | Kimono shawl » | On socks » | SP12 question » | Summer socks » | Secret pal 12 questionnaire » | Wool peddler's shawl » | It's a Mayday » | Still here, still knitting » 

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 

Inspiration

I've been thinking about a simple/basic round-neck cardican with set-in sleeves, little buttons and no fuss. A classic, if you will. I had a look at Yll o Tyll, my former LYS, and the had some tasty dishes:
I think I like the blue one the best, but I'm not sure. It's knit in SilkeAlpaca, which I can imagine would work. It seems to give a good drape to it. But then I also like the green one too, knit in Malabrigo. (I'd knit the sleeves longer though. Sweden is cold in the winter.) The last one is knit in Garnstudios Alpaca, a classic yarn that works for everything. I like that the top two have pockets. Pockets are both useful and stylish.

I love that top sweater. Yll o Tyll seems to have the best patterns. I never made it up there to visit when I was in Stockholm.

Post a Comment

Yarnlove is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.