It's starting to happen now, so I best get ready!
Below, dear dear Secret Pal, are my answers to the SP8
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibres, and my favourite yarn is Drops Alpaca. At least it’s the one I use the most. I don’t like synthetics. At. All. And I detest any multi-coloured, self striping fair-isle yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Ehm… plastic bags? My circulars are more fashionably stored: in a plastic folder.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting for ten years, even though I’ve been fanatic only for a year or two. I’d say I’m intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I don’t have much of that stuff, but I think anything goes. Rather fresh fruit than chocolate, though.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
No, not really. Although, I’ve never said no to a piece of chocolate with my coffee. Actually, I’m more into coffee and tea.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I’d like to start spinning, but I haven’t so far. Other than knitting I sew and make great cookies. I have felted, but not much (and it’s quite messy). I used to crochet before I became a knitter, since it’s much faster. But knitted stuff looks better.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Jazz, pop, soul… things like that. And my computer can play mp3’s.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My main stash colour is different shades of pink, lilac, brown and maybe some blue/turquoise. My favourite combination right now is pink and green. I’m mostly a “summer”, and I deeply detest yellow/orange.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyfriend, and we don’t have any pets, even though I dream of having a cocker spaniel.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, no.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like small things (hats, mittens, scarves, shrugs) to keep the happy knitting spirit up, and bigger things (sweaters, cardigans) to develop my skills and patience.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Scandinavian gloves in pink, pink and brown, a burgundy lace shawl, and I have a lilac “Lelah” top which awaits its final inches and summer weather.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I rarely do, but it sounds nice!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular! And I think plastic is better than aluminium. Haven’t tried bamboo. On DPN’s I prefer wood, so they don’t run off.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a swift, but the yarn winder is on the secret wish list of my head.
17. How did you learn to knit?
My mum taught me the basics.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
If it’s very old and you don’t plan on finishing it, is it still an UFO? If it is, I’d say six years. Half a scarf that will never ever be more than half a scarf. Otherwise I’d say nine months, maybe. A vest that didn’t turn out as expected and now rests until I’ve calmed myself down enough to reconsidering it.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
It might be Easter. I like the Easter colours. Or maybe it’s just spring colours.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don’t have any subscriptions, and I never buy any magazines, but that’s just due to budget restraints. I’d love 700 metres of mohair for the Knitty “Lacey” in a nice summer colour, or something pink to knit for my two goddaughters, 4 and 5 yrs old.
I think I have two knitting books, “Family knits” by Debbie Bliss, and “Norsk Strikkedesign”. I’d love to have more, but books are expensive and I’m a student…
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I’ve done cables and I’m doing lace. I probably should learn the magic loop thing. I don’t know what would be the next step, really. (And I don’t mean that in the arrogant way!)
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have never knit a sock, but I’ve been giving it serious thoughts lately. My feet appear to be 25 cm long.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)