« Home | Crocheting » | Brazilian weave » | On the floor » | Getting myself together » | Bad blogger » | Good things » | Mittens » | Secret Pal 10 » | Knitting pretty » | Knit with what? » 

Saturday, March 31, 2007 

Saturday morning blogging

Today me and a few other knitters are going to Nordiska museet to see their knitting exhibition. I'm quite excited, I don't know if it's any good, but meeting up with knitters (bringing knitting is mandatory) for coffee and knitting afterwards has never turned out badly.

Quick update:
Sofie was here yesterday. I showed her how to cast on for socks, and she got a good start on her first sock ever, in a Regia yarn bought in Germany. I wonder if she got any sleep last night... I got pretty tulips:

I can also show you almost the first and least interesting part of my crocheted skirt, held up to a level I won't wear it when it's done:(I'm taking pics with the webcam, hence the odd composition/posing.)

And last, but not least, my first attempt to bead knitting (or beaded, I'm aware that there's a difference but I can't tell what it is):

Drop's Alpaca in black, with lilac beads. It's for a colleague who really wanted a pair, so I gave it a shot and after only ripping a centimetre or two I'm on track. The good thing about knitting is that you always learn new things. I've just learned to knit with beads and that I make wobbly edges in garter stitch.

Oh very nice job with the beading! I think that's looking just gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Yarnlove is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.