« Home | Salina progress! » | Tagged, finally! » | Royal knitting » | Salina » | My first SP10 package! » | SP10 contest questions » | Cutest knitters ever! » | Saturday morning blogging » | Crocheting » | Brazilian weave » 

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 

SP contest again

I got a couple of questions from my SP hostess the other day:

With the weather turning warmer, many of you are thinking of traveling (though some of you have just returned, you can play along). 1) What do you pack to knit? and 2) What do you hope to shop for?
Assume that you will be gone for ten days to someplace "foreign" that is known for having great knitting locations. (Bonus: Where would you go on a "knitting holiday"?)

1) I'd either pack my current project (Salina), since I really want to finish it. On the other hand, if I go someplace warm I'd pack something less wooly and sweaty, like maybe the cotton skirt I'm crocheting or a sock project.

2) Stuff I wouldn't find at home, like something discretely hand painted (not variegated or self-striping, obviously) or other things that hasn't reached Sweden yet. Or something local, like a chunky handspun from a named sheep.

Bonus answer: For knitting purposes I'd go someplace with an interesting knitting tradition (and sheep). Luckily, I live in such a part of the world, so I'd go to Norway or some north Atlantic island like the Faroe or Shetland islands. Or Iceland! Last week I was told I'm going there on a two-day conference in August, so I'll have almost one day to go wool-shopping before I improve my knowledge in quality vs. quantity in higher education. It can't count as "holiday", but I'll pretend.

Thanks for playing

Post a Comment

Yarnlove is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.