« Home | My first SP10 package! » | SP10 contest questions » | Cutest knitters ever! » | Saturday morning blogging » | Crocheting » | Brazilian weave » | On the floor » | Getting myself together » | Bad blogger » | Good things » 

Sunday, April 15, 2007 

Salina


Casting on never went faster than with Salina a few days ago. Of course, after 6 centimetres I was no longer on but off gauge, despite swatching (though I'm not sure five rows count as a swatch no matter the row gauge). I got stitch gauge at my second attempt, but then it just hit me, after beginning the bust increases, that I might not have row gauge. And no, I hadn't. I'm thinking it doesn't matter (...please God). I'm thinking the difference is too small. Like, 32 stitches makes 9 cm instead of 10. I'll just knit until it's long enough, and I don't think the slightly shorter distance between the increases and the decreases won't make a difference. Keep your fingers crossed...

If you've got the right stitch gauge & it's a drop shoulder you should be alright, you may need more yarn though.

Post a Comment

Yarnlove is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.