« Home | My mum's mittens » | Washcloths and mittens » | Promises » | Can you handle this? » | How was your first kiss? » | Socktoberfest! » | Spinning! » | New Knitty! » | Inspiration » | I've saved a soul! » 

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 

More mittens

I've knit mittens. Somebody will get them for his/her birthday, so I won't show the monogrammed side of the mitten. It's the Helloyarn pirate mittens knit in L├ętt Lopi, only one skein of each colour. Gauge is 22, so they're slightly bigger than in the pattern, but that was the point. Fun and quick to knit, but I prefer traditional motifs rather than pirates. Good thing they're not for me...

Hey!
The mittens look great!
Hugs

What wonderful mittens! I especially love how you put the year on the back of the mittens.

They're great!! Arrrr!! I would be over the moon with a personal gift like this (initials and year, so cool!)

I think they're wonderful, and will definitely knit a pair for myself soon! I'm sure the receiver will love them!

Beautiful mittens you have made.

Sqwee! Nice mits. Anywat, to answer the questions you left on my blog: I used blue sky alpaca organic cotton and you do have to knit a bit tight but as long as you get gauge on the pattern it should be fine.

Post a Comment

Yarnlove is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.