« Home | SP upstream reveal » | My new place » | More cables » | Bayerische socks » | SP - super presents! » | Today I'm a patriot » | Finished object » | Colourful » | Laugh or cry? » | Monday knitting update » 

Monday, July 09, 2007 

New look

Inspired as I was by Katarinas new and improved blog, I took advantage of my vacation, downloaded a new template and updated my links.

Tonight I'm going to my old place to see if my last SP package has arrived - the secret "M" sent me an email last week to say she had posted it. I'm so excited!

On the knitting front: a few days ago I joined, as many others, the "Mystery Stole 3" project after reading about it on the Yarn Harlot's blog. I dug up the precious raspberry red silk yarn my still very secret pal sent me in her last package, even though the instructions recommended black or white yarn. However, after knitting a small triangle that looked quite nice I browsed the comments on the Yahoo group and found pics of stoles that had come a bit further than mine, and I didn't like the look of it at all... I like my lace to have rounder, more organic patterning, and this one seemed to be of the more geometrical kind. But it was good to have a few hours off from the endless sleeve knitting on Salina. This pace is not normal for me, and I would like to blame it on my absent sofa. Sitting on a matress on the floor isn't too comfy, and knitting doesn't help. I have a few centimetres left to the armhole on the first sleeve. I'm so tired of it, I might knit a cuff or a collar in between sleeves...

looks good! but i'm a sucker for green ;)

Post a Comment

Yarnlove is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.