« Home | The more you drink, the more you drink » | Leaf armband » | "All work and no knit"-season ahead » | Offline » | Hä ä bar' å åk » | Running women and reindeers » | Colchique! » | Knitting stalker? » | Follow-up on Mrs Beeton » | Nobel priceless and Mrs Beeton » 

Friday, February 03, 2006 

Too old? Too big?

Having finished the bottom bind-off on the anthropological cape I was able to try it on and got pleasantly surprised, but I was asked by a certain somebody if I shouldn't rather be knitting things that are more appropriate for my age and for my body (sic!). No comments. (Well obviously I had comments, but nothing appropriate for publishing.)

I would however wish to comment on this pattern. After slipping the sleeve stitches onto a thread and finishing the body, I am apparently supposed to finish the sleeves in back and forth 1x1 rib, but how the heck will that be done on a round sleeve? Shouldn't that have been done before finishing the body? For the current (unfrogged) situation I think DPN's would be the solution, but I can't bring myself to buy a set of 8mm DPN's just to finish these sleeves. Right now I'm trying a magic loop solution, knitting in the round with an oversized circular, but I'm afraid I will make stretch holes in the rib. My Friday night holds the answer, and I'll keep you posted.

Yarnlove is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.